Terms And Conditions
(if applicable) – Also known as non-exclusive rights, purchasing a leasing license grants the customer limited artistic, commercial and legislative rights to the corresponding beat(s) for one single profitable/commercial use (e.g. album, EP, single or mix-tape) on any physical or digital medium such as CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, LPs, Cassettes, USB-Sticks or digital sales (e.g. itunes, google-play, etc.) with a circulation of up to 5.000 sales units. Besides these allowed sales units (physical or digital song sales) which count as 1 profitable project, the customer/licensee is allowed to use the beat(s) for 1 non-profitable videos (e.g. youtube, etc.). If this point of sale is reached and/or further sales are desired, further rights with a new sales cap need to be obtained with a new license or license upgrade (if the beat has not yet been sold with exclusive rights and is still available). If the beat is no longer available and offered for any form of licensing and/or marked as sold, license owners of any type of non-exclusive rights may upgrade their current license to the highest available non-exclusive license such as a unlimited-lease, etc. If exclusive rights are no longer available, this does not affect license owners from being allowed to upgrade their non-exclusive license(s) to the highest form of non-exclusive license(s). Once Licensee has reached the allowed number of sales and any other limits concerning his license agreement, no more sales can be made after the sales cap is reached. Licensee expressly agrees to remove his song from any marketplaces, stores, etc. to avoid the song from being sold or monetized continuously. A leasing license (non-exclusive) comes as a mixed, tag-free WAV-file, MP3-file and a contract/invoice, stating the rights of use and details of purchase. A beat can be leased to more than one person at the same time until exclusive rights are sold to the beat. Once a beat has been sold with exclusive rights, it will no longer be available for any kind of leasing and licensing. Previous leasing/non-exclusive rights that have been sold before the beat is sold exclusively are not affected and stay valid until the applicable sales cap has been reached. Leasing a beat does not make the licensee the sole owner of the beat, nor does it give the licensee any administrative rights to the beat concerning legal actions against other license owners or anyone using any of the compositions offered by Supa LO Beatz. The licensee is not allowed to get profitable radio-, video- or television-airplay with a standard-lease. For this purpose licensee must own exclusive rights to the beat or a higher non-exclusive license such as ‘premium-lease’ or ‘unlimited-lease’, depending on which type of use he wants to market and distribute the song(s) over the beat(s). The licensor expressly forbids re-sale or any other distribution of the producer’s compositions, either as they exist or any modification thereof. The licensee understands that the licensor maintains 100% copyright and ownership of the original instrumental composition. Licensee cannot use any beat compositions as background element in TV, Film and DVD / computer game projects without obtaining written consent and a separate license agreement. Licensee must include on all productions and products the producer’s name (SupaLOBeatz). Licensee agrees to display the producer’s name in all physical media or within web presentation of a portion (e.g. pre-listening) or sum of the original instrumental composition that is being licensed in this agreement. Including but not limited to CD’s, CD covers, Cassette tapes, LP’s, Cards, etc. (Example credits: ‘Prod. Supa LO Beatz or Prod By.SupaLOBeatz’. Used under license. Any displayed or downloadable MP3 files must include ‘Prod. Supa LO Beatz or Prod By.SupaLOBeatz’’ within the file name.
(2) PREMIUM-LEASE (if applicable) – Same restrictions as in point (1) STANDARD-LEASE, but including the following differences: A premium-lease comes as a mixed tag-free WAV-file, tag-free MP3-file and the corresponding separate track-lines in WAV-format (also known as tracked outs) along with a license agreement/receipt, stating the rights of use and details of purchase. Instead of an allowed circulation of up to 5.000 sales units for STANDARD-LEASE, PREMIUM-LEASE allow up to 15.000 total sales units. Besides these allowed sales units (physical or digital song sales) which count as 1 profitable project, the customer/licensee is allowed to use the beat(s) for public performances such as profitable live shows, or for monetized (profitable) videos (e.g. youtube). Once licensee has reached the limit of his allowed sales units , and/or further sales are desired, further rights with a new sales cap need to be obtained with a new license or license upgrade (if the beat has not yet been sold with exclusive rights and is still available). If the beat is no longer available and offered for any form of licensing and/or marked as sold, license owners of any type of non-exclusive rights may upgrade their current license to the highest available non-exclusive license such as a unlimited-lease, etc. If exclusive rights are no longer available, this does not affect license owners from being allowed to upgrade their non-exclusive license(s) to the highest form of non-exclusive license(s). Once Licensee has reached the allowed number of sales and any other limits concerning his license agreement, no more sales can be made after the sales cap is reached. Licensee expressly agrees to remove his song from any marketplaces, stores, etc. to avoid the song from being sold or monetized continuously. All other terms listed in point (1) STANDARD-LEASE, which are not included in this point (2) in changed form or as an addition, count as general non-exclusive rights terms that are legally valid and relevant for premium-lease.
(3) UNLIMITED-LEASE (if applicable) – Same restrictions as in point (1) STANDARD-LEASE and point (2) PREMIUM-LEASE, but including the following differences: Unlimited Leasing Rights come as a mixed tag-free WAV-file, tag-free MP3-file and the corresponding separate track-lines in WAV-format (also known as tracked outs) along with a license agreement/receipt, stating the rights of use and details of purchase. Instead of an allowed circulation of up to 2.500 sales units for STANDARD-LEASE, there is no sales cap related to unlimited-lease. Besides these allowed sales units (physical or digital song sales) which count as 1 profitable project, the customer/licensee is allowed to use the beat(s) for unlimited further profitable projects. Licensee may use beat compositions in songs, used in public performances such as both profitable live shows as well as for monetized (profitable) videos (e.g. youtube, etc.). No consent is require if the Instrumental is to be used for Radio Broadcast, Commercial Advertisement, Television Broadcast, Video Games, Internet, On-hold & In House Background Music, or film Soundtracks. All other terms listed in point (1) STANDARD-LEASE and point (2) UNLIMITED-LEASE, which are not included in this point (3) in changed form or as an addition, count as general non-exclusive rights terms that are legally valid and relevant for unlimited-lease.
(4) EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS (if applicable) – The purchase of exclusive rights grants the customer full artistic and commercial rights to the purchased beat. There is no sales cap related to exclusive rights. An exclusive rights purchase comes as a mixed tag-free WAV-file, a mixed MP3-file and the corresponding separate in WAV-format (also known as tracked outs) along with a license agreement/receipt, stating the rights of use and details of purchase. Once a beat has been sold with exclusive rights, it will no longer be available for any kind of future sale/licensing. Previous leasing rights being sold before the beat has been sold exclusively are not affected hereby and stay valid until the sales cap has been reached. License owners of non-exclusive rights may upgrade their current non-exclusive license to a higher non-exclusive license (if available). It is therefore possible that a beat has been leased several times before exclusive rights are sold. Once exclusive rights are sold, the beat(s) will be marked as ‘sold’ and any possible download and licensing option will be removed. Upon request, a sold beat may be removed from any website and marketing space where it has been offered for sale by the licensor, if licensor agrees to. This excludes demonstrational videos (e.g. youtube, etc.) or demonstrational audio material used in intros, animations or as background music. Licensee is not allowed, nor has the authority, to dis-allow/forbid other non-exclusive license-owners any use of the beat-composition(s) for commercial/profitable purpose or take legal actions against non-exclusive license owners. The licensor expressly forbids re-sale or other distribution of the producer’s beat-composition, either as they exist or any modifications thereof for use in any competitive product, nor can licensee transfer his rights to the beat-composition to a third party if it’s not a full song with artist’s/licensee’s own vocals or at least lyrics. Licensee is allowed to sell his song over the beat-composition without any sales limitation or sales cap, worldwide and throughout the universe, without terminability, in any commercial/profitable form, and/or transfer the rights to his song over the beat, to another party such as Record Labels, another production company and another artist, but never the rights to the beat-composition itself for a standalone beat-composition product. The licensee understands that the licensor maintains 100% copyright and ownership of the original instrumental composition and that licensee buys exclusive sales rights and rights of use to the beat-composition(s) but not the intellectual property itself. This is necessary and entitles licensor to maintain the administrative and legislative rights to the beat-composition, in order to be able to ensure non-exclusive license owners administrative guidance and license-warranties. Licensee can use song(s) over beat compositions as background element in TV, Film and DVD / computer game projects without obtaining written consent and/or another license agreement. Licensee must include on all productions, products and any medium the producer’s name (S determinism precipitation is a nominal, another is there is an hour SupaLOBeatz). Licensee agrees to display the producer’s name in all physical media or within web presentation of a portion (e.g. pre-listening) or sum of the original instrumental composition that is being licensed in this agreement. Including but not limited to CD’s, CD covers, Booklets, Cassette tapes, LP’s, Cards, Cases, Boxes, etc. (Example credits: ‘Prod.SupaLOBeatz or ‘Prod By. Supa LO Beatz’. Used under license. Any displayed or downloadable files such as MP3-files must include ‘Prod.SupaLOBeatz or ‘Prod By. Supa LO Beatz’ within the file name
(5) CREDIT AGREEMENT – Credit must always be given to ‘Supa LO Beatz’ in written form, for example ‘Prod By. Supa LO Beatz or Prod By. SupaLOBeatz. By making a purchase of any kind or downloading demo beats, tagged beats, etc. or any similar content, the customer declares that he will give credit to the producer where possible in a written form (cd cover/booklet, song or video descriptions, youtube videos, file-names, mixtapes, albums, singles, remixes, social network pages such as facebook, music sites such as soundcloud, reverbnation, etc.). Proper credit is given as follows: (Example credits: ‘Prod By. SupaLOBeatz or Prod By. Supa LO Beatz’. Used under license. Any displayed or downloadable files such as mp3s, wav files, etc. must include ‘Prod By. SupaLOBeatz or Prod By. Supa LO Beatz’ within the file name. If beat-composition(s) and/or licensed material contain(s) any pre-recorded and mixed/embedded hook(s) (also known as chorus) by an artist (singer/rapper), the name of the artist is listed and can be found in the filename(s) or purchased items and on our website. If there is doubt about an artist’s name, you, the licensee or person entering into this agreement bound to the terms and conditions, has the responsibility to contact us for this information. In case a beat-composition contains such (a) hook(s), all credit as needed for ‘SupaLOBeatz’ is also needed to be given in written form as follows (‘Hook by Artistname’ or ‘featuring Artistname’).
(6) PAYMENTS – Supa LO Beatz accepts PayPal, Major Credit Card Payments and Bank transfers. All payments are to be paid or are paid upfront before delivery of the product. E.g. this means at the same time that services or products by Supa LO Beatz will only be delivered after receiving the payment(s), never upfront. Payments that are still pending and not being credited yet need to be credited first before delivery! Payment plans for services and products, can be set up individually. A verbal or written separate individual agreement therefore is necessary. Payment plans can vary from 2-10 payment steps, at least ¼ of the total price of the service(s)/product(s) needs to be paid upfront as a down-payment. If the customer does not fulfil his payment-plan obligations and does not complete the payment plan or keep up with the agreed payment rates and dates, there will be no refund of any payments made, due to the administrative work and possible financial losses. The beat will become available again for sale and the customer will keep an extended premium lease or professional lease to the concerned beat(s), in case the payment(s) he made, cover at least the amount necessary for this type of license! Beats that are being paid with payment plans will be put and marked ‘on hold’ on our website(s) and maketplaces, and may no longer be sold with exclusive rights, but may still be leased to multiple customers at the same time until the last payment step of the payment plan has been completed and the total amount of all items/services/products has been paid off. In case of a money-refund by any of the parties, the issued contract becomes invalid. Payments that are in any form held, refunded, cancelled or incorrect, by any of the parties, result that the issued contract(s)/license agreement(s) and all of the granted rights therein become invalid and reversed.
(7) PUBLIC PERFORMANCES (Shows/Videos/Streams/Radio-and TV-airplay) – Public performances are ‘live shows’, ‘live video streams’, ‘videos’, ‘audio streams’, ‘radio airplay’, tv airplay’ and ‘film music’ either as just music (standalone) or music in a movie, tv- or video-commercial, spot, etc. Non-profitable live performances or public performances (non profitable live shows, non profitable video streams, non-profitable audio streams) are allowed for any license type. Profitable performances are allowed with standard-lease, premium-lease, unlimited-lease (unlimited in total) and/or exclusive rights (unlimited in total). See appropriate/specific license description and terms. TV- and radio-airplay or streams are only allowed for unlimited-lease and/or exclusive rights. Profitable live shows are allowed for any license.
(8) DELIVERY – Products, files and documents are delivered electronically via an automatic system if purchased via our instant delivery store. All products, files and documents are delivered electronically via e-mail as download links, hosted through a file-sending service such as wetransfer.com, license agreement(s) may be sent as attached pdf-file(s). No tangible/physical copies will be delivered via postal mail for any available licenses. Please check your spam and junk folders if you don’t find our e-mails in your inbox. Make sure you don’t block pop-up windows in your browser or links in your email provider/software. If links are not clickable, copy and paste the link(s) in the address bar of your browser. If you experience any issues with download links, please try a different browser or computer/device. Most mobile phones and devices are not capable of downloading and saving files, in order to download the files/documents properly, please use a desktop computer such as a PC, Mac, Laptop or Macbook.
(9) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – The license agreement(s) do not need to be signed by the customer(s)/licensee(s) and automatically become legally valid and active with purchase (payment needs to be fully credited) and receipt of purchased items. As displayed on our website, customer automatically agrees to all registrations/content that are listed in the terms & conditions, and enters this agreement with purchase. By making a payment, the customer (licensee) declares that he is fully aware of the entire content listed in the terms and conditions, he fully accepts and agrees to them. Full Terms are listed on our official web-page www.supalobeatz.com/terms . In case of possible changes in any of the listed points, or should one point become invalid or adjusted, all other points in the the terms and conditions stay unaffected and are still valid. Previously sold licenses and granted rights stay unaffected by future changes to the terms and conditions. Supa LO Beatz has the legal right, but never the duty, to re-buy exclusive rights from the current exclusive rights license holder, for any amount of money, if the exclusive rights license holder agrees to it and wants to re-sell his exclusive rights back to the licensor. Interested parties, customers/clients, and licensees/license holders have the full responsibility to read the terms and conditions before making a purchase, and check for updates and/or changes in the terms and conditions on our website www.supalobeatz.com. Supa LO Beatz is not obliged for addressing any changes in the terms and conditions publicly at any time or in any form. Under no circumstances is a customer/licensee allowed to re-sell the beat itself or any modifications thereof, nor transfer the rights to the beat composition in any form to a third party, except for what is listed in the applicable license descriptions (specifically point 1-4 and all other restrictions). Rights that are given to a customer are not transferable and non-refundable, if a customer/licensee features another or other artist(s), not listed as license holders in his license agreement by date of purchase, the issued rights to the beat-composition for use in licensee’s/customer’s song(s), featuring the concerned artist(s), are non-transferrable to other’s and non-splittable, for any kind of non-exclusive license(s) and remain bound strictly and solely to customer/licensee. If any additional license agreement(s), new license agreement(s), or changes to (a) current license agreement(s), or any concerned additions/adjustments, etc. are desired, license agreement(s) or contract(s) must include these terms and conditions and refer to the points/content, listed in these terms and conditions in order to blend in with all required and necessary information/registrations for any license type, warranties, and general terms and conditions. All orders are final and cannot be changed/altered/adjusted/refunded afterwards, without licensor’s approval. No matter if exclusive rights or any other licenses are sold to a beat, Supa LO Beatz will always be allowed to use that beat for own promotional uses, without limitation, worldwide and throughout the universe, without terminability. Therefore all beats sold exclusively may stay on the webpage or any websites and marketplaces they were offered, if licensor decides to. Download and license/purchase options to exclusively sold beats (exclusive rights) will be removed and the beat will be marked as ‘sold’ and become unavailable for any form of future licensing, except for non-exclusive license upgrading as defined in point (1) – point (4) for active non-exclusive license owners. Customer(s)/Licensee(s) may edit/alter the length of a beat, mixing/mastering of a beat (use of effects, change of volumes/levels, etc.), and general modifications, such as structure of instrumentation (seperate tracklines), as they see fit, as long as they own a license to the beat and do not change the sound-structure of the beat itself, so that the beat becomes unrecognizable (e.g. only using drums or only using less than 70% of the entire sounds/instruments included in the original beat composition). It is also not allowed to use any parts, melodies, instruments, sounds, drum arrangements, etc. of the original instrumental composition for use in other compositions in a competitive product (for example: remixes or sampled music/beats) without written consent and licensor’s approval. Remixes using any material of the original beat composition, or musical versions covering the original beat composition, played with live instruments (orchestra, band, etc.) are only allowed for premium-lease owners, unlimited-lease owners or for exclusive rights license owners, in both cases only with written consent or a verbal agreement and licensor’s approval. After the delivery of the beat, Supa LO Beatz will be unbound of any further responsibilities and legal obligations to the customer(s)/licensee(s), and legally freed of any further duties. Musical Composition(s)/Beat(s) by Supa LO Beatz may NOT be uploaded on any website, marketplace or distributed in any form without his permission and written consent. Supa LO Beatz is not responsible for any other website(s), marketplace(s), companie(s) or person(s) claiming to sell his beats and owning rights to them, nor is Supa LO Beatz legally responsible, nor liable/amenable for any damage, harm, financial losses or legal issues, caused by anybody abusing, disregarding or disrespecting the listed terms and conditions. Anyone found to be abusing and violating these terms and conditions or any other legal aspect concerning Supa LO Beatz music, content, or physical and/or intellectual property, will likely face a law suit and criminal punishment and be held responsible for copyright infringement.
(11) YOUTUBE POLICY (CONTENT ID) – The licensor maintains the unlimited, worldwide rights to register his beat-compositions with a content-ID program/institution such as AdRev, etc. (if you have questions about content ID or AdRev, please google ‘Content ID’ and ‘AdRev’) and be the sole administrator of youtube rights using such a content ID program. This is necessary and entitles licensor to maintain the administrative and legislative rights to the beat-composition, in order to be able to ensure non-exclusive and exclusive license owners administrative guidance and license-warranties. The main purpose is to stop people from stealing beats and using/monetizing them in videos without owning a license. What AdRev does is scan youtube videos for audio material produced by Supa LO Beatz and automatically sends a copyright claim, which blocks your videos from monetization temporarily. Don’t worry! This claim is more a notification and will NOT harm your channel or video, nor does it force you to take down the video(s), the only thing it does, is disable the monetization option temporarily. Your video will keep playing without any other limitations. Anyone using free downloads and tagged demo downloads in videos on youtube can ignore this copyright notification as it doesn’t stop your video from playing and monetization wouldn’t be allowed for non-licensed beats at all.
(11) REFUND POLICY – The Artist acknowledges that the payment for this licence is non refundable. If the Artist fails to comply with any obligation hereunder the Producer shall have the right on notice to the Artist to terminate this licence and all rights shall revert to the Producer. Such termination shall render any further exploitation by the Artist as an actionable infringement of copyright.